Saturday, November 14, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Fallen by Emily Clarke & Thom Young

Fallen by Emily Clarke & Thom Young
Published: LOMS
Genres: Young Adult, Paranormal Romance
Pages: 211
Format: Ebook
Rating: 3*
Synopsis: Julie Anderson never wanted to leave her life and friends behind in Connecticut, but when her father gets a new job in Texas she discovers her destiny.

When she meets the devilishly fallen angel, Nick Landers, her life begins to unravel. Nick is different from the other boys and seems to have an unhealthy obsession with her. 

Julie soon learns that Nick has taken an oath never to fall in love with a human being. Despite Nick’s irrational behavior, Julie finds herself falling for him. 

When Julie’s mother is killed in a car wreck, Julie realizes her own life is at risk and only fate will decide whether Nick kills or protects her.
REVIEW:
I'm an honest reviewer and so I must write my true opinion about this book.
I think that the plot, the content itself, has potential. It needs to be more elaborated and more descriptive (like with feelings, express the pain and sadness the character is feeling, the attraction).
Also, I think that the characters personalities need more work and dedication to them.
One of the things that I liked about all the characters is that they represent what several teenagers nowadays are going through like cutting, smoking, bad or non existent relationship with their parents, etc. The story is quite realistic in that topic and that makes us think about real problems that you could (or not) relate to them.
I understand that Julie (the main character) is going through a lot in her life but I think that maybe in the second book she could be more strong minded instead of getting depressed and just cry. In a way she feels lost, doesn't know how to deal with Nick and who to trust. Is Tyler someone she can rely on or not? She doesn't understand herself and her life much less others.
Overall, I didn't dislike the book but I didn't love it. It's a nice quick read and has it's positive aspects as I've pointed out.
Hope you give it a try because it's worth it. 
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment