Thursday, November 12, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Half Blood by Kat Sloan

Half Blood by Kat Sloan
Published: Kathel Coven Press
Release Date: February 10th, 2014
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Pages: 341
Format: Hardcover
Rating: 4.5*
Synopsis:
"Although our union felt so utterly perfect, the idea of us together was still so terribly wrong. Vampire and Half Blood werewolf . . . forbidden. But we were unreservedly in love, and in our world there was no room for the forbidden."

Trapped in a world she doesn't understand and haunted by a past she doesn't remember, young Native-American Lakota Avital discovers that she is part of a supernatural existence. When Irishman, Aiden Kathel enters her life and captivates her with his magnetic charisma, she falls desperately in love with him. In a tumultuous turn of events, Lakota learns that she is a Half Blood werewolf and her eternal love, Aiden, is a vampire. 

Their forbidden love and the dark secrets of Lakota's past threaten to tear both their worlds apart. Their lives will be tormented with heartbreak, grief, and sacrifice as they desperately attempt to thwart war of catastrophic proportions between their two worlds.


REVIEW:

Firstly I need to say that this made me cry twice, and when that happens it’s because I get emotionally attached to the story and the characters. That happened with this book, mostly because of Aiden (of course, Jesus Christ, he’s perfect). 
Also! Don't take quick conclusions about this book. It's not like Twilight or Vampire Diaries. It's completely different, trust me when I say it is. 
It has such an amazing plot and romance that you completely forget that probably you thought ''Oh, this is just another vampire and werewolf book''.

The story is fast-paced and made me want to know more and more about everything that was happening throughout the pages. The writing is really good and that also helped me to get hooked on the book.
 It is written in Lakota's perspective, the main character of this story. She's the one who had more character development and the one with the strongest personality. 

The way Kat Sloan made her characters and story come to life with just words was exquisite.
All the story and it’s emotional moments made me grow fond of the characters and wanting to know more about each one, to get to understand them and their purpose in the story. 
The ending just killed me emotionally! I don’t have much to say about it because it was something that I wasn’t really expecting and when I read it, it hit me like an elephant smashing every single bone in my body. 
I recommend this book to everyone because it is a MUST READ!!
Waiting excitedly for the second book!
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment