Wednesday, April 19, 2017

BOOK REVIEW: The Gravity of Us by Brittainy C. Cherry


The Gravity of Us by Brittainy C. Cherry
Published date: 13th April, 2017
Genres: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Format: Ebook
Pages: 270
Published by: Self-publishing
Rating: 5*
Synopsis:
Graham Russell and I weren’t made for one another.

I was driven by emotion; he was apathetic. I dreamed while he lived in nightmares. I cried when he had no tears to shed.

Despite his frozen heart and my readiness to run, we sometimes shared seconds. Seconds when our eyes locked and we saw each other’s secrets. Seconds when his lips tasted my fears, and I breathed in his pains. Seconds when we both imagined what it would be like to love one another.

Those seconds left us floating, but when reality knocked us sideways, gravity forced us to descend.

Graham Russell wasn’t a man who knew how to love, and I wasn’t a woman who knew how to either. Yet if I had the chance to fall again, I’d fall with him forever.

Even if we were destined to crash against solid ground.


REVIEW:
For those who don't know, this book is part of a series called Elements. There are four books in this series and this one's the last. They're all standalone so there's no particular order for reading them even though I read them all by their release order. 
The books available are:
  1. The Air He Breathes
  2. The Fire Between High and Lo
  3. Silent Waters
  4. The Gravity of Us

Besides The Gravity of Us the other book that I gave 5* was The Air He Breathes which is my favorite book of them all. Even though both I gave both books a 5* rating I think that the first one is wayyyyy better because feels. I don't know, I just connected too much with the book and I loved it to death and beyond.

So first of all:

Yup, I gave this book a five star rating and I regret nothing.



Now that that part is cleared out of the way let's get into the book review/talking/opinion whatever you want to call it.

So... the more I think about this book the more stars I want to give it. I finished reading it a day after its release, so I finished it on the 14th of April. It's been already five days since then and I'm only writing something now because I wanted to give it sometime so the story could settle down on my head, so I could process it and think exactly why I gave it five stars and not less.


SOME SPOILERS MAY BE WRITTEN DOWN ON THIS REVIEW. You were warned.

The beginning of the book was a bit difficult for me to read and enjoy but after three or four chapters I couldn't drop the book for a second. I was just hooked. I needed to know more and to see how it all would develop.

I freaking loved Lucy. She was all smiles and sunshines. Very expressive and emotional, you could read her so damn well (all of these are compliments). She had the biggest heart you could find and she was just so damn caring, it's impossible to not love her.

Graham... Well... you could say he was the opposite of Lucy but in a way he wasn't. He just closed up his emotion due to too many hurtful moments during his life and once you get to know his past and that every single person he cared for left him, you'll understand his present self and why he looks so bitter sometimes. He's not a bad person, not at all. When Graham his with Talon (his daughter), you get to see his true self. He loves his daughter so freaking much, she means the world to him and so does Lucy from some point in his life.

Both Graham and Lucy complement each other. She feels everything and he feels nothing and throughout the book you see them both balancing each other, creating a friendship and furthermore a love relationship that I freaking adored and respected the hell out of them.

I could spend the whole day talking about the book and everything that I loved and which character I hated (LYRIC/JANE... I HATE HER SO FREAKING MUCH) but just go freaking read the book, it's so darn perfect.
Share:

1 comment: