Tuesday, April 18, 2017

BOOK REVIEW: Heat by CA Harms


Heat by CA Harms
Published date: 10th April, 2017
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Format: Ebook
Pages: 194
Rating: 3*
Synopsis:

Beckett Montgomery is a well-known detective in the New York area. 



He takes his job seriously and has little time for anything else. 

During an investigation in to a series of break in’s of an apartment building on 32nd St., he finds himself getting a little too involved. What had always in the past been his job, now felt as if it was so much more. 


He can’t seem to let go of the image of the beautiful, scared blonde with a look of horror on her face. He found that protecting her became all he could think of. Whatever it took, not matter the cost, he would provide her the security she needed. 
He assured himself he would remain professional, he would dedicate himself fully to the task at hand and never would he mix business with pleasure. 

Yet with each passing second Beckett spent in the presence of Shanelle Kramer he found that the need for her only grew. Her beauty alone made him weak in the knees and that was only the beginning. 

He had never desired a woman more. 
Never felt the need to conquer, or claim, but she was different. 
Maybe just one taste would end his addiction for Shanelle? 

But one taste was just a tease…. 
And he needed more, so much more. 
Because the Heat between them was just too hot to resist.

REVIEW:
So, I started this book with high expectations and I ended it feeling a bit... not disappointed but not truly happy with the final result of the book.
There were a lot of things that I enjoyed but a lot that... well... I didn't clicked with them at all.


I had to skip the first book because I have a tight schedule but I'll eventually read it.
Let's go further into the review because I'm stalling a bit.

THE DRAMA... Way too predictable and way too soft. It didn't make my heart pound for a second and knowing right from the get go who the ''bad guy'' in the story was took away all the magic in the suspense the book was supposed to have. I was expecting for something else to happen even though the ''bad guy'' was out of the scene already. I needed more drama, more dangerous moments so my heart would pound with anticipation and fear what would happen next, something that would make me crave to turn the page around and find out what awaited me.

I'm not even going to talk too much about the characters. I liked Beckett but I hated his POV's unlike Elle's POV's  that I loved. I think that I didn't get to see much of their relationship building up and that was also one of the reasons I gave this book a 3 star rating.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment