Monday, April 3, 2017

BOOK REVIEW: Year of the Scorpio (Part 1) by Stacy Gail


Year of the Scorpio (PART 1) by Stacy Gail
Published date: 9th October, 2016
Genres: Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Pages: 311
Format: 
Ebook
Rating: 5*
Synopsis:

They call me Dash. Sixteen years ago my brother and I were kidnapped. The Scorpeones believed our father, boss of the Vitaliev Bratva, could be pressured into relinquishing his hold on Chicago’s underworld.
They were dead wrong.
Ultimately the Scorpeones made the youngest of their family pay for their sins. I tried not to care. Marco Polo Scorpeone, the hostage whose life was forfeit if his family moved on the Vitalievs, was the enemy. Why should I care if he was tortured worse than a prisoner of war?
Except I did care.
For sixteen years I’ve cared, more than I can say.




They call me Scorpio.
There was no light in my world. Then I saw Dash smile.
No voice could pierce my darkness. Then I heard Dash speak.
I’ve killed to survive. Killed to please my handler. Hell, I’ve killed to please myself. Killing is what I do.
I know I’m not good enough for Dash, but it doesn’t matter. What matters is that she’s mine, from now until the end of time. But that time might be nearer than I think, because someone deadlier than me is closing in…
Scorpeones believed our father, boss of the Vitaliev Bratva, could be pressured into relinquishing his hold on Chicago’s underworld.


REVIEW:

HOOKED. ON. THE. FIRST. PAGE.


Jesus, Stacy Gail knows how to grab you right at the beginning of a book. The freaking prologue was so genius and it gave me a major case of goosebumps.
I loved, loved, loved her writing throughout the whole book. The way she described everything, the cocky responses Polo or even Dash gave, my lovely Konstantin and his huge heart towards all his lovers but mostly the way he cared for Dash, he was genuinely her best friend.


Yup, I had to talk about Konstantin, he was one of my favorite characters and I think he made a great impact in both Part One and Two.

Now let’s talk about Polo and Dash. Not the usual couple we see in a book. Dash is gloriously badass and will cut your tongue out if you mess with her. She has some crazy lady balls and dear lord if someone tells her what to do instead of letting her decide said thing by herself.

Polo… Polo… Polo… Where can I find one but buy 30?! I loved him right from the get go. Even with all the suffering and torture he went through we see him as a better man than most people. Yup, he killed people for a living but that’s what he was made into. A killing machine. It doesn’t mean that it was something he liked or even wanted to do from the beginning. It’s clear all he wanted was to have a clean and legal life but even though that was taken away from him he still tried to pursue that life but with Dash by his side. You can totally see the freaking attraction between them both and it’s something not recent but with years’ worth of sexual tension and shared feelings.

I loved the whole story and character development. The whole drama and the danger lurking through every chapter. This book was just sooooo freaking juicy, I couldn’t put it down thus why I gave it five stars.
Also… that freaking ending! My heart barely lived through that for crying out loud!!!

This is a must read for you all.

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment